How accounting outsourcing implements a project management model
UHY Prostor helps businesses grow and develop by finding their free resources and untapped assets. In other words, they provide outsourced accounting services. The company is a representative of the UHY International network in Ukraine, and given the current market activity, the growth of UHY Prostor is inevitable. It’s just a matter of time and proper organization of processes.
Industry: accounting services
Client size: SMB
The company provides outsourced accounting services. Is a representative of the UHY International network in Ukraine.
Software and services
Project Management Training Course
According to the owner of the company, Oleksandr Koinov, before the start of scaling, it was necessary to fix 2 aspects.
The first step was to get an accurate understanding of which project is profitable and which is not. After all, earlier the decision on which client to continue cooperation with was made based on feedback from managers and accountants. Now the management of UHY Prostor wanted to know the cost of the project expressed in numbers.
The company also wanted to clearly understand the workload of specialists. Just the fact of the staff overload was not enough. UHY Prostor wanted to understand the reasons behind this.
So, the company started searching. The main issue was not even the toolkit (using Microsoft Project, Bitrix24 or good old Excel), but the methodology that helps to cope with the chaos. Therefore, before the start of global changes, the leaders and managers of UHY Prostor decided to get knowledge.
The services of SMART business include a separate educational direction: training programs, webinars, certified trainings to expand the expertise and systematize knowledge in a particular area or technologies. One of such courses on project management was taken by UHY Prostor.
Vlad Berezin, trainer of the course, as well as PM and analyst of the Microsoft Project implementation project at UHY Prostor on the part of SMART business, comments on the need to use a conscious approach to project management:
Oleksandr also gives an answer to a question why UHY Prostor has chosen the way of project business:
As of October 2021, the UHY Prostor team received a tool – Microsoft Project, knowledge about project management, project management processes, as well as instructions that need to be implemented.
But software and outlined business processes are just the tip of the iceberg. The “underwater” part of the work is to convey to the employees the need for changes and enter all projects into the system in accordance with the methodology and instructions from SMART business. At the moment, the company has begun to streamline 33 accounting outsourcing projects. Over time, this will be extrapolated to auditors, lawyers, HRs and other employees of the company.
All of the business processes mentioned above are divided into 5 categories:
- Project initiation processes
- Corporate planning processes
- Processes for planning a single project
- Processes for implementation, control and closure
- Change management processes
But in fact, there is also a “zero category”. Oleksandr calls this work a “project implementation project” and says that at the moment, it takes 30% of the working time. The team has no resistance to change, as they understand that in the future they will have an effect in the form of time savings and a better understanding of the processes. And, as a result, more earnings in their business unit.
What changes after Microsoft Project implementation?
The changes affect the business owner, business unit leaders, and project managers in different ways.
The project manager will be able to:
- See the calendar of each member of their team, in which tasks will be scheduled 1 year in advance. Of course, not every business can afford such foresight, but when it comes to accounting outsourcing, the projects are predictable and cyclical.
- Each manager will be able to determine the cost of the project in advance and set the price for the client, depending on the expected marginality. Since UHY Prostor has a fairly democratic corporate culture, a PM may even decline a project if they realize that it does not meet their financial goals.
- The project manager will be able to reduce their personal stress level and the stress level in the team by clearly planning and tracking workload. They will also understand in advance whether it is necessary to attract additional staff to carry out project work and how much this staff will cost.
The owner and CEO will be able to:
- Scale the business through a deeper understanding of projects and previously known information about the lack of resources, and most importantly, in what period the company will face a resource shortage,
- Track key project indicators and project portfolios in real time and respond in time to possible problems without the need to check this information with PM personally. The system will tell you everything in numbers.
To learn more about the solutions and services of SMART business,
call +38 (044) 585-35-50 or submit your request here.
Learn more about
Share this content