Agro-industrial holding ASTARTA has implemented an internal corporate portal based on Microsoft SharePoint technologies.
During the years of operation of the agro-industrial holding ASTARTA-KYIV, the world has changed beyond recognition, and similarly, the company itself has been changing: it has transformed and improved, expanding the scope of business activities. However, the focus embodied in the mission of ASTARTA remains unchanged: building strong Ukraine and strengthening confidence in it globally.
Astarta is a history of more than 28 years: it is about ecosystem partnership and sustainable development, about innovation and increasing efficiency, about responsibility and mutual trust. Thanks to stable synergy within the company and with partners, Astarta has been a national leader in the cultivation of agricultural products for many years, with more than 230 thousand hectares of land in eight regions of Ukraine, sugar production at six sugar factories and with a nationwide production share of 22%.
Industry: Agro-industrial holding
Customer size: Large (1,000 – 9,999 employees)
Astarta-Kyiv is one of the largest vertically integrated agro-industrial holdings in Ukraine. The main areas of activity include agriculture, sugar production, animal husbandry, soybean processing and bioenergy.
Software and services
More than 90% of milk produced on dairy farms is of “extra” grade, and the livestock of cattle is more than 22 thousand heads. The company is among the most powerful soybean processing enterprises in Ukraine: the total annual processing capacity is more than 220 thousand tons.
ASTARTA production facilities
ASTARTA had a need to implement an internal corporate portal, the main goal of which would be to unite all employees of the company in a single information field, quick and convenient access to programs and services required for work, strengthening the corporate culture in the company and access to information and services at any time.
The main requirements to the solution were as follows:
- Prompt informing of employees, including those who do not have accounts.
- Creation of the organizational structure of the company.
- Implementation of a directory of contacts with differentiated search.
- Display of the list of birthdays in line with the “current date + 2 days”
- Management of internal company events by the portal administrator.
- Non-material motivation of personnel.
- Portal implementation on a tight schedule.
SMART business has developed a solution based on Microsoft SharePoint technologies, which allowed the customer to implement the required functionality within the agreed time frame. Employees got quick access to corporate information, including the following:
- Displaying corporate news by topics.
- Quick access to corporate and reference materials.
- Informing the staff about new employees by messages on the main page of the portal.
- Messages about the birthdays of colleagues and other important events.
- Storage of corporate videos and photos.
- Fast and convenient access to external resources of the company.
- Implementation of the “Organizational Structure”.
- Personal services of employees in the “Personal cabinet”.
* Note. By calling SMART business a ‘gold partner’, Oleksandr implies that the company owns 18 Microsoft Gold Competencies out of 18 possible.
Due to the integration with the ERP system 1C:Enterprise, the following has become possible:
- Prompt display of the “Personnel changes” and “Organizational structure”
- Viewing up-to-date contact information of employees.
- Quick and easy search for information about colleagues.
At the customer’s request, the design of the standard blocks “Event Calendar” and “Surveys” has been changed to a more compact one, since the standard blocks took up a lot of space on the main page of the portal.
Besides, an additional block of “Informational dynamic banners” has been developed on the main page with additional relevant information and the ability to “wire in” links.
From the customer’s side, automatic loading of the solution when opening the browser has been configured for quick access to the portal.
ASTARTA is planning to further develop the internal corporate portal and implement the following:
- Logistics services.
- Knowledge base.
- Corporate marketplace for the sale of material assets among employees and enterprises.
To learn more about the solutions and services of SMART business,
call +38 (044) 585-35-50 or submit your request here.
Learn more about